Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Out and About

So I ventured out and about today.

I went to a cemetery here in Washington. I read an article in the newspaper last week about a bronze figure that Alan Cottrill did for the baby part of a cemetery. I was curious so I went to visit. Here are some pictures:



It was so surreal being there. There were 2 fresh graves, I lost it. I wondered around looking at the dates and names of the little angels. I came upon a girl who only live for 2 days. Her birthday was yesterday. Someone in her family had left her flowers and balloons. She was born in 1996. She would have been 14 yesterday. My heart fell to my feet. I realized that one day Elliot's 14th birthday will be upon us and I prayed to God that I would still be leaving him balloons. Then as I kept wondering I stumbled across 3 babies that died around the time Elliot did, I am still just speechless. Seeing all of this brought of feelings I had buried deep down. I am not angry, just amazed. I don't know what I was thinking. I know he will always be part of our family and I will never forget him, but I had just never thought about 14 years ahead...I know it sounds crazy but for some reason this thought just hit me like a ton of bricks!


After the cemetery I wondered to the local Outlet Mall here. Went into Coach and drooled!! Too much for me, I will stick with my knock offs! LOL


I have lounged by the pool reading, been in the hot tub and even took a nap already. Now I am just waiting for DH so we can go to Cabela's and out to dinner.


I am guessing I will wonder around more tomorrow. I am getting pretty good at playing tourist!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment